Electronic-state-controlled reset operation in quantum dot resonant-tunneling single-photon detectors
- Electronic-state-controlled reset operation in quantum dot resonant-tunneling single-photon detectors
- Q. C. Weng; Z. H. An; Z. Q. Zhu; 송진동; 최원준
- InAs; quantum dots; resonant-tunneling; single-photon detectors
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 104, NO 5, 051113-1-051113-4
- The authors present a systematic study of an introduced reset operation on quantum dot (QD) single photon detectors operating at 77 K. The detectors are based on an AlAs/GaAs/AlAs double-barrier resonant tunneling diode with an adjacent layer of self-assembled InAs QDs. Sensitive single-photon detection in high dI dV region with suppressed current fluctuations is achieved. The dynamic detection range is extended up to at least 104 photons/s for sensitive imaging applications by keeping the device far from saturation by employing an appropriate reset frequency.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.