Influence of InAs quantum dots on the transport properties of GaAs-based solar cell devices
- Influence of InAs quantum dots on the transport properties of GaAs-based solar cell devices
- Haeri Kim; 박문호; 박성준; 김호성; 송진동; 김상혁; Hogyoung Kim; 최원준; Dong-Wook Kim
- solar cell; InAs QDs; Quantum dots; Trap states
- Issue Date
- Current applied physics
- VOL 14, NO 2, 192-195
- We investigated both the photovoltaic and transport properties of GaAs based solar cells with and without InAs quantum dots (QDs). In small forward bias region, humps in the local ideality factor are found in the QD-embedded devices at low temperatures. This might be caused by the charges captured in the QD-induced defect states. The temperature dependence of the ideality factor, extracted from large voltage regions, was well explained by the tunneling-mediated interface recombination process. The reverse-bias current also exhibited a signature of trap-mediated tunneling. All these results suggested that the presence of trap states could cause the degraded photovoltaic performance of our QD-embedded solar cells.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.