All-polymer Neural Probe with Optical Waveguide for Optogenetics
- All-polymer Neural Probe with Optical Waveguide for Optogenetics
- 이부용; 김태형; 진주영; 정진우; 최원석; 박정호; 김진석
- optogenetics; neural probe; MEMS; waveguide; polymer
- Issue Date
- International BioMedical Engineering Conference 2014 (IBEC 2014)
- Recently optical stimulation has been reported as an alternative to electrical stimulation with potential advantages such as noncontact stimulation and investigated to selectively stimulate the specific nerves because , electrical stimulation may damage the neurons and also suffers from poor spatial resolution limited by propagation of electrical pulse through neurons and solution. In this study, we report a neural probe which can achieve optical stimulation though aligned optical fiber with fiber guide, chemical stimulation though micro-channel and extracellular neural signal recording though platinum electrodes. Especially, all of the micro-channel, fiber guide and shank parts were fabricated of the biocompatible and flexible polymer SU-8. And etched fiber positioned fiber guide and polymer micro channel can optical and chemical stimulation is enough to stimulate neurons.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.