DEVELOPMENT OF MULTIFUNCTION FLEXIBLE NEURAL PROBE INTEGRATE OPTICAL WAVEGUIDE AND MICROCHANNEL
- DEVELOPMENT OF MULTIFUNCTION FLEXIBLE NEURAL PROBE INTEGRATE OPTICAL WAVEGUIDE AND MICROCHANNEL
- 김태형; B.Y. Lee; 정진우; 김진석
- Neural probe; flexible polymer; micro-channel; optical waveguide; impedance
- Issue Date
- The 7th Asia-Pacific Conference
on Transducers and Micro/Nano Technologies (APCOT 2014)
- The micro-channel that contains the optical waveguide is designed and integrated with electrodes for electrical recording of neuron activities on the probe shank. The proposed neural probe is just composed of flexible polymer (SU-8) that can reduce cell damage during implantation. The impedance of integrated electrodes is 251kΩ at 1kHz. The light has been transmitted to the end of the probe tip through the SU-8 optical waveguide. The flow rate of SU-8 micro-channel is about 0.1μm·min-1. The insertion ability of the probe is confirmed using agarose gel.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.