Blue Inorganic Light Emitting Diode on Flexible Polyimide Substrate Using Laser Lift-Off Process
- Blue Inorganic Light Emitting Diode on Flexible Polyimide Substrate Using Laser Lift-Off Process
- 닐리쉬; 김영동; 고형덕; 박준서; 박병남; 고두현; 한일기
- Nano; Laser Lift Off; Blue LED; Inorganic Light Emitting Diode; Lift-off; Flexible Substrate; Blue Light Emitting
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 14, NO 11, 8237-8241
- The fabrication process for the blue GaN inorganic light emitting diode (ILED) on flexible polyimide (PI) substrate by laser lift off (LLO) method was demonstrated. The GaN epi-structure was grown on patterned sapphire wafer. GaN samples were temporary bonded with polyimide substrate by flexible silver epoxy. Separation of the whole GaN LED film from GaN/sapphire wafer was accomplished using a single KrF excimer (248 nm) laser pulse directed through the transparent sapphire wafer. Device fabrication was carried out on both rigid silicon and flexible polyimide substrate, and I–V performance for both devices was measured. The optimized LLO process for the whole GaN LED film transfer would be applicable in flexible LED applications without compromising electrical properties.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.