Selectivities of an All-wet-processed Electrode Film on ITO, ZnO, SiNx and Doped Si for Solar Cell Applications
- Selectivities of an All-wet-processed Electrode Film on ITO, ZnO, SiNx and Doped Si for Solar Cell Applications
- 김아름; 최희수; 이선재; 최은미; 구인화; 이욱재; Soo-Kil Kim; 윤성훈; 손형빈; 표성규; 윤성필
- SiNx; ZnO; ITO; doped Si; Electroless plating
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society
- VOL 65, NO 2, 222-228
- We investigated the role of Ni/Cu metallization and the characteristics of selective thin-film deposition on the Indium tin oxide (ITO), ZnO, SiNx and doped Si surfaces of a silicon solarcell
electrode. We propose Ni/Cu metallization as an alternative to silver screen-printing. Our method, called the selective electrode formation (SEF) process, utilizes a low-cost, streamlined wet chemical process. Metallization was confirmed to occur on the Si electrode with adhesion through Pd activation. Ni, which hinders Cu diffusion, was then selectively deposited from a NaH2PO2 based nickel solution, and Cu, the main electrode material, was deposited from a HCHObased copper solution. Ni/Cu was deposited on the ZnO, ITO, or SiNx film. The deposition and the heat treatment of Ni and Cu were successfully performed on a substrate consisting of a patterned n+-doped wafer with POCl3 by maintaining the same steady process conditions as in process.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.