Simultaneously rapid synthesis and consolidation of nanostructured MgAl2Ti3O10-Mg0.6Al0.8Ti1.6O5 composite and its mechanical properties
- Simultaneously rapid synthesis and consolidation of nanostructured MgAl2Ti3O10-Mg0.6Al0.8Ti1.6O5 composite and its mechanical properties
- 강현수; 도정만; 윤진국; 이석재; 손인진
- Synthesis; Sintering; Composite; Nanostructured material; Powder metallurgy
- Issue Date
- Journal of ceramic processing research
- VOL 15, NO 4, 246-250
- Nanocrystalline materials have received much attention as advanced engineering materials with improved physical and mechanical properties. As nanomaterials possess high strength, high hardness, excellent ductility and toughness, undoubtedly, more attention has been paid to the application of nanomaterials. Nanopowders of Al2O3, TiO2 and MgO were fabricated by high energy ball milling. The simultaneous synthesis and sintering of nanostuctured MgAl2Ti3O10-Mg0.6Al0.8Ti1.6O5 composite from milled powders of 1.4Al2O3, 4.6TiO2 and 1.6MgO was investigated by the high-frequency induction heated sintering process. A highly dense nanostructured MgAl2Ti3O10-Mg0.6Al0.8Ti1.6O5 composite was produced with the simultaneous application of 80 MPa pressure and an induced current within one minute. The grain sizes and mechanical properties (hardness and fracture toughness) of MgAl2Ti3O10-Mg0.6Al0.8Ti1.6O5 composite sintered at 1100 oC were investigated.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.