Simultaneous Synthesis and Sintering of Nanostructured MgAl2O4-Mg3Al2Si3O12 Composite and its Mechanical Properties
- Simultaneous Synthesis and Sintering of Nanostructured MgAl2O4-Mg3Al2Si3O12 Composite and its Mechanical Properties
- 강현수; 도정만; 윤진국; 손인진
- Compounds; Nanostructured materials; Sintering; Mechanical properties
- Issue Date
- 대한금속 . 재료학회지; Korean journal of metals and materials
- VOL 52, NO 10, 777-782
- Nanopowders of MgO, Al2O3 and SiO2 were made by high energy ball milling. The simultaneous synthesis and consolidation of nanostuctured MgAl2O4-Mg3Al2Si3O12 composites from milled 4MgO, 2Al2O3 and 3SiO2 powders was investigated by a high-frequency induction heating process. The advantage of this process is that it allows very quick densification to near theoretical density and inhibition of grain growth. Highly dense nanostructured MgAl2O4-Mg3Al2Si3O12 composites were produced with a simultaneous application of 80 MPa pressure and an induced current within 1 min. The relative density and fracture toughness of the composite were 98% and 3.2 MPam1/2, respectively. The fracture toughness of the MgAl2O4-Mg3Al2Si3O12 composite was higher than that of monolithic MgAl2O4.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.