Mechanical and Electrical Properties of Si-SiC Fabricated Using SiC-C Composite Powders Synthesized by Sol-gel Process
- Mechanical and Electrical Properties of Si-SiC Fabricated Using SiC-C Composite Powders Synthesized by Sol-gel Process
- 윤성일; 조경선; 염미래; 임대순; 박상환
- Si-SiC composite; RBSC; Silicon carbide; Bending strength; Specific resistivity
- Issue Date
- 한국세라믹학회지; Journal of the Korean Ceramic Society
- VOL 51, NO 5, 459-465
- In this study, Si-SiC composites were fabricated using a Si melt infiltration method using β-SiC/C composite powders synthesized by the carbothermal reduction of SiO2-C precursors made from a TEOS and a phenol resin. The purity of the synthesized SiC-C composite powders was higher than 99.9993 wt% and the average particle size varied from 4 to 6 μm with increasing carbon contents of the SiO2-C precursors. It was found that the Si-SiC composites fabricated in this study consist of β-SiC and residual Si, without any trace of α-SiC. The 3-point bending strengths of the fabricated Si-SiC composites were measured and found to be higher than 550 MPa, although the density of the fabricated Si-SiC composite was less than 2.9 g/cm3. The bending strengths and the densities of the fabricated Si-SiC composites were found to decrease with increasing C/Si mole ratios in the SiC-C composite powders. The specific resistivities of the Si-SiC composites fabricated using the SiC-C composite powders were less than 0.018 Ωcm. With
increasing C content in the SiC-C composite powders used for the fabrication of Si-SiC composites, the specific resistivity of the Si-SiC composites was found to slightly increase from 0.0157 to 0.018 Ωcm.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.