The effect of doping Sb on the electronic structure and the device characteristics of Ovonic Threshold Switches based on Ge-Se
- The effect of doping Sb on the electronic structure and the device characteristics of Ovonic Threshold Switches based on Ge-Se
- 신상열; 최재민; 서주희; 안형우; 최용규; 정병기; 이수연
- Ovonic Threshold Switch; Chalcogenide; Threshold voltage
- Issue Date
- Scientific Reports
- VOL 4, 7099-1-7099-5
- The Ovonic Threshold Switch (OTS) based on an amorphous chalcogenide material has attracted much interest as a promising candidate for a high-performance thin-film switching device enabling 3D-stacking of memory devices. In this work, we studied on the electronic structure of amorphous Sb-doped Ge0.6Se0.4 (in atomic mole fraction) film and its characteristics as to OTS devices. From the optical absorption spectroscopy measurement, the band gap (Eg) was found to decrease with increasing Sb content. In addition, as Sb content increased, the activation energy (Ea) for electrical conduction was found to decrease down to about one third of Eg from a half. As to the device characteristics, we found that the threshold switching voltage (Vth) drastically decreased with the Sb content. These results, being accountable in terms of the
changes in the bonding configuration of constituent atoms as well as in the electronic structure such as the energy gap and trap states, advance an effective method of compositional adjustment to modulateVth of an OTS device for various applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.