Aspiration cytology of mammary analogue secretory carcinoma of the salivary gland. Diagn Cytopathol
- Aspiration cytology of mammary analogue secretory carcinoma of the salivary gland. Diagn Cytopathol
- Min Jung Jung; 김상윤; Soon Yuhl Nam; Jong-Lyel Roh; Seung-Ho Choi; Jeong Hyun Lee; Jung Hwan Baek; Kyung-Ja Cho
- salivary gland neoplasms; secretory breast carcinoma; biopsy; cytology; ETV6-NTRK3 fusion protein; human
- Issue Date
- Diagnostic cytopathology
- VOL 43, NO 4, 287-293
- Aspiration smears of MASC generally reflected the histologic diversity of the tumors. Among usual histologic findings, a micropapillary pattern was associated with a predominance of vacuolated individual cells on aspiration smears, a papillary-cystic pattern with a predominance of thin branching papillary structures, and a microcystic pattern with a predominance of irregular sheets of eosinophilic cells. There were two unusual cases, one with three-dimensional groups of high-grade atypical cells, and one with epithelial clusters floating in a notably mucinous background. These cases represented MASC with high-grade transformation and MASC with cystadenocarcinoma-like features, respectively. The secretory activity of MASC was not prominent in the aspiration specimens.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.