High Performance Tri-Gate Extremely Thin-Body InAs-On-Insulator MOSFETs With High Short Channel Effect Immunity and Vth Tunability
- High Performance Tri-Gate Extremely Thin-Body InAs-On-Insulator MOSFETs With High Short Channel Effect Immunity and Vth Tunability
- 김상현; Masafumi Yokoyama; Ryosho Nakane; Osamu Ichikawa; Takenori Osada; Masahiko Hata; Mitsuru Takenaka; Shinichi Takagi
- Body factor; extremely thin-body (ETB) MOSFETs; InGaAs MOSFETs; metal source and drain (S/D); Ni-InGaAs S/D; tri-gate; Vth tenability
- Issue Date
- IEEE transactions on electron devices
- VOL 61, NO 5, 1354-1360
- We have investigated the effects of the tri-gate
channel structure on electrical properties of extremely thin-body
(ETB) InAs-on-insulator (−OI) MOSFETs. It was found that
the tri-gate structure provides significant improvement in short
channel effect (SCE) control even in ETB-OI MOSFETs by the
simulation. We have fabricated and demonstrated tri-gate InAs-
OI MOSFETs with fin width of the top surface down to 40 nm.
The tri-gate ETB InAs-OI MOSFETs shows better SCEs control
with small effective mobility (μeff ) reduction. Thus, we have
demonstrated the operation of sub-20-nm-channel length (Lch)
InAs-OI MOSFETs. The 20-nm-Lch InAs-OI MOSFETs show
good electrostatic with subthreshold slope of 120 mV/decade
and drain induced barrier lowering of 110 mV/V, and high
transconductance (Gm) of 1.64 mS/μm. Furthermore, we have
realized a wide-range threshold voltage (Vth) tunability in tri-gate
InAs-OI MOSFETs through back bias voltage (VB) control.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.