PARAMETRIC STUDY OF DYNAMIC ANALYSIS FOCUSING ON THE FOIL STRUCTURE OF A GAS FOIL JOURNAL BEARING
- PARAMETRIC STUDY OF DYNAMIC ANALYSIS FOCUSING ON THE FOIL STRUCTURE OF A GAS FOIL JOURNAL BEARING
- 최복성; 정세나; 김어진; 이용복
- stiffness; damping; bump foil; top foil; dynamic analysis; Dynamic coefficient; Foil structure; Gas foil bearing
- Issue Date
- IFToMM International Conference on Rotordynamics
- We performed a dynamic analysis of a foil structure under a range of loads using commercial FE software and actual tests. A dynamic load of be-tween 2 and 8 N was applied by an electromagnetic shaker. The frequency range was from 100 to 600 Hz. A static force of between 40 and 140 N was ap-plied by using a tension wire attached to the housing. To facilitate the analysis, the FE model assumed a fully circular geometry and a 2D wire mesh when de-scribing the actual gas foil journal bearing. The excitation direction was as-sumed to have a single degree of freedom. The dynamic analysis permitted the evaluation of the stiffness and the damping coefficient of the 1D characteristic with the circular geometry. The dynamic coefficient was calculated using the relationship between the displacement and excitation force within the defined frequency range.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.