A Micro-Fabricated Force Sensor Using an All Thin Film Piezoelectric Active Sensor
- A Micro-Fabricated Force Sensor Using an All Thin Film Piezoelectric Active Sensor
- 이준우; 최욱; 유용경; 황교선; 이상명; 강성철; 김진석; 이정훈
- force sensor; tactile sensor; piezoelectric; thin film; MEMS
- Issue Date
- VOL 14, NO 12, 22199-22207
- The ability to measure pressure and force is essential in biomedical applications such as minimally invasive surgery (MIS) and palpation for detecting cancer cysts. Here, we report a force sensor for measuring a shear and normal force by combining an arrayed piezoelectric sensors layer with a precut glass top plate connected by four stress concentrating legs. We designed and fabricated a thin film piezoelectric force sensor and proposed an enhanced sensing tool to be used for analyzing gentle touches without the external voltage source used in FET sensors. Both the linear sensor response from 3 kPa to 30 kPa and the exact signal responses from the moving direction illustrate the strong feasibility of the described thin film miniaturized piezoelectric force sensor.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.