Catalytic Hydrogen Production via Dry Reforming of Methane Over Ni/Ce0.65Hf0.25M0.1O2-δ (M = Tb, Sm, Nd, Pr and La)
- Catalytic Hydrogen Production via Dry Reforming of Methane Over Ni/Ce0.65Hf0.25M0.1O2-δ (M = Tb, Sm, Nd, Pr and La)
- 하씨니; 이대형; 김용민; 남석우; 한종희; 함형철; 윤창원
- Methane Dry Reforming; Carbon dioxide; Ceria-Hafnia; Rare-earth Elements; Oxygen Storage Capacity; Heterogenerous Catalyst
- Issue Date
- Catalysis letters
- VOL 144, NO 4, 656-662
- Ni/Ce0.65Hf0.25M0.1O2−δ (Ni/CH-M, M = Tb, Sm, Nd, Pr, and La), Ni-based catalysts supported on CeO2–HfO2 materials incorporated with rare earth elements, were prepared by a solvothermal method. The resulting catalysts were found to have surface areas ranging from 41 to 47 m2/g, and they proved to possess strong metal-to-support interactions, as evidenced by temperature programmed reduction analyses. Upon utilization of these catalysts for dry reforming of methane (DRM) with a CH4/CO2 ratio of 1 at a range of 600 to 900 °C, the Ni/CH-M catalysts were found to have higher activities than the Ni/CH catalyst. In addition, the activities proved to increase in the order of Ni/CH-Pr > Ni/CH-La ~ Ni/CH-Tb > Ni/CH-Nd ~ Ni/CH-Sm > Ni/CH. With a high CH4/CO2 ratio of 2, these Ni/CH-M materials showed better stabilities than the Ni/CH catalyst in the DRM reaction at 800 °C for 150 h. Moreover, the Ni/CH-M (M = Pr, Tb, and La) catalysts exhibited superior durability over other Ni materials. Consistent with the observations, transmission electron microscopy further confirmed that no carbon species were observed in the Ni/CH-M (M = Pr, Tb, and La) catalysts following the reforming reactions.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.