Numerical studies on the pressure-retarded osmosis (PRO) system with the spiral wound module for power generation
- Numerical studies on the pressure-retarded osmosis (PRO) system with the spiral wound module for power generation
- 홍성수; 류원선; 전명석; 이승오; 정귀영
- Pressure-retarded osmosis (PRO); Spiral wound module; Membrane; Numerical
modeling; Power density; Water flux
- Issue Date
- DESALINATION AND WATER TREATMENT-SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
- VOL 52, 6333-6341
- The pressure-retarded osmosis system with the spiral wound module for power generation has been studied numerically. The system includes draw channel, membrane, and feed-channel. The water flux and the solute flux across membrane were calculated. In addition, changes in concentration, flow rate, and pressure of channel-fluids were obtained. Water flux across membrane decreases about 10% along the direction of draw-fluid in our system and increases slightly along the direction of feed-fluid. The concentration of draw-fluid decreases along the direction of draw-fluid. Power density is almost proportional to the inlet concentration difference, and increases at first and then decreases as the difference between inlet pressures of feed- and draw-fluids increases.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.