The Influence of Substrate Bias on the Texture Control and Performance of CrV Underlayer for L10 FePt Thin Films
- The Influence of Substrate Bias on the Texture Control and Performance of CrV Underlayer for L10 FePt Thin Films
- Sungman Kim; 천동원; Jungjoong Lee; 정원용
- CrV underlayer; FePt film; in situ ordering; low temperature; perpendicular magnetic; recording media; substrate bias voltage
- Issue Date
- IEEE transactions on magnetics
- VOL 50, NO 9, 3202205-1-3202205-5
- The influence of substrate bias on the texture control and the performance of CrV underlayer for L10 FePt thin films was investigated. CrV(25 nm)/Pt(2 nm)/FePt(7 nm) films were deposited at 300 °C using a load-locked ultrahigh vacuum dc magnetron sputter system. During the CrV underlayer deposition, additional RF power (13.56 MHz) was used to apply various negative bias
voltages (V = 0 to −60 V) to the substrate; then, its effect on the texture control and performance of the CrV underlayer was investigated. The result of this paper shows that CrV(002) texture control with remarkably increased crystallinity can be achieved without elevating the processing temperature or operating the post-annealing process but by applying suitable substrate bias voltage during the film formation step enabling the CrV thin film to act as an excellent underlayer for upper L10 phase FePt layer.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.