Influences of Extended Selenization on Cu2ZnSnSe4 Solar Cells Prepared from Quaternary Nanocrystal Ink
- Influences of Extended Selenization on Cu2ZnSnSe4 Solar Cells Prepared from Quaternary Nanocrystal Ink
- 황윤정; 박보인; 이병석; 김진영; 정증현; 김홍곤; 고민재; 김봉수; 손해정; 이승용; 이재승; 박종구; 조소혜; 이도권
- CZTSe solar cell; nanocrystals; impedance; MoSe2; annealing time
- Issue Date
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C
- VOL 118, NO 48, 27657-27663
- Kesterite Cu2ZnSnSe4 (CZTSe) thin films prepared by the selenization of mechanochemically synthesized Cu2ZnSnS4 (CZTS) nanocrystal films are systematically investigated as a function of the annealing time in terms of the phase purity, microstructure, composition, and device characteristics. It is shown that selenization for an extended time does not cause a noticeable amount of Sn loss or segregation of Zn-rich layers. Thus, the prolonged annealing leads to improvements (reduction) in the shunt conductance, reverse saturation current, and diode ideality factor. However, it also leads to a deterioration of the series resistance, of which influence turned out to overwhelm all of the aforementioned positive effects on the device performance. As a consequence, the CZTSe solar cell exhibits its highest efficiency (5.43%) at the shortest annealing time (10 min). Impedance spectroscopy is demonstrated to be of good use in detecting the change in the back contact of CZTSe solar cells during annealing. The impedance spectra of the CZTSe solar cells are analyzed in association with the microstructures of the back-contact electrodes, demonstrating that the increase in the series resistance is attributed to the formation of the resistive MoSe2 layer.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.