Determination of the energy barrier and spin torque efficiency based on telegraph noise
- Determination of the energy barrier and spin torque efficiency based on telegraph noise
- 윤상준; 유상철; 최석봉; 민병철
- Domain wall; Depinning; Energy barrier; Telegraph noise; Current pulse
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society
- VOL 65, NO 10, 1607-1610
- The spin torque (ST) efficiency and energy barrier of domain wall (DW) depinning are investigated by analyzing the telegraph noise in nanostructured ferromagnetic Pt/Co/Pt films. The telegraph noise is generated by applying both a magnetic field and an electric current, whose forces on the DW oppose each other. Cumulating the DW depinning probability experimentally revealed that the DW depinning was governed by a single energy barrier, whose height was estimated to be about 1.0 × 10−19 J. The ST efficiency at the pinning site is estimated to be −4.6 × 10−14 T·㎡/A. The present analysis technique provides an alternative way to determine the ST efficiency in the short-current-pulse-driven DW motion at a single energy barrier.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.