Estimation of water level collected in an empty tunnel using cross-borehole pulse radar
- Estimation of water level collected in an empty tunnel using cross-borehole pulse radar
- 정지현; 김세윤
- tunnel; cross-borehole; borehole radar; pulse; water level
- Issue Date
- IEICE Electronics Express
- VOL 12, NO 2, 1-6
- Cross-borehole pulse radar has been employed to explore an empty tunnel using the fast propagation of its excited pulse through the air region inside the tunnel. However, a partially water-filled tunnel is not properly interpreted yet. An effective conversion model to estimate the water level collected in an empty tunnel is developed using the finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) simulation data. As the collected water level inside the tunnel increases, the depth at the fastest time of peak (TOP) deviates exponentially from that at the fasted time of arrival (TOA). This conversion model renders the collected water level inside the tunnel to be estimated with average error of 0.044 m.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.