Tracing the transition of a macro electron shuttle into nonlinear response
- Tracing the transition of a macro electron shuttle into nonlinear response
- 김철기; Marta Prada; Hua Qin; 김현석; Robert H. Blick
- electron shuttle; nonlinear response; penulum
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 106, 061909-1-061909-5
- We present a study on a macroscopic electron shuttle in the transition from linear to nonlinear
response. The shuttle consists of a classical mechanical pendulum situated between two capacitor plates. The metallic pendulum enables mechanical transfer of electrons between the plates, hence allowing to directly trace electron shuttling in the time domain. By applying a high voltage to the plates, we drive the system into a controlled nonlinear response, where we observe period doubling.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.