On-Road Measurements of Ultrafine Particles and Associated Air Pollutants in a Densely Populated Area of Seoul, Korea
- On-Road Measurements of Ultrafine Particles and Associated Air Pollutants in a Densely Populated Area of Seoul, Korea
- 김경환; 우대광; 이승복; 배귀남
- on-road measurement; particle number concentration; black carbon; ultrafine particle; PM-PAHs
- Issue Date
- Aerosol and air quality research
- VOL 15, NO 1, 142-153
- Spatial distributions of ultrafine particles (UFPs; 6 < Dp < 560 nm) and related gaseous and particulate pollutants were estimated from on-road measurements undertaken on busy roadways of Seoul, Korea, using a mobile laboratory (ML). The objectives of the study were to determine the spatial variations in UFP size distributions and concentrations of associated gaseous and particulate pollutants and to observe the relationships of UFP number concentrations with other pollutants on roadways in an urban area in Korea. The pollutants associated with diesel vehicles such as black carbon (BC) and particlebound polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PM-PAHs) exhibited a high determination coefficient (r2 = 0.65), indicating the influence of diesel vehicles on emissions in the study area. Further supporting evidence for the influence of diesel vehicles
on emissions was given by the higher determination coefficients of PM-PAHs and BC concentrations with larger sizeclassified particles, ranging from 60 < Dp < 220 nm, than with total UFP number concentrations or smaller particles in the 6 < Dp < 60 nm size range. Peak concentrations of measured pollutants were observed mostly at intersections, reflecting the relationships of transient driving modes (i.e., deceleration and acceleration) with emissions of UFPs, associated
pollutants, and concentrated traffic volumes at such locations.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.