Synthesis and Characterization of High Refractive Index Polyimides Derived from 2,5-Bis(4-Aminophenylenesulfanyl)-3,4-Ethylenedithiothiophene and Aromatic Dianhydrides
- Synthesis and Characterization of High Refractive Index Polyimides Derived from 2,5-Bis(4-Aminophenylenesulfanyl)-3,4-Ethylenedithiothiophene and Aromatic Dianhydrides
- 여현욱; 이지예; 고문주; 구본철; 손홍래; Mitsuru Ueda; 유남호
- polyimide; refractive index
- Issue Date
- Journal of polymer science Part A, Polymer chemistry
- VOL 53, NO 7, 944-950
- The authors describe the synthesis and characterization of the polyimide (PI) series containing a 2,5-bis(4-aminophenylenesulfanyl)-3,4-ethylenedithiothiophene (APSEDTT) moiety in their main chain. The APSEDTT monomer with high sulfur content was prepared and polymerized with several aromatic dianhydrides such as 4,40-[p-thio bis(phenylenesulfanyl)]-diphthalic anhydride (3SDEA), 4,40-biphthalic anhydride (BPDA), and 4,40-oxydiphthalic anhydride (ODPA) by the traditional two-step polycondensation procedure. All PIs exhibited high transparency, higher than 75% at 550 nm for a thickness of about 20 lm and good thermal properties such as thermal decomposition temperatures (T10%) in the range of 409–521 C. In addition, the PIs have extraordinarily excellent optical properties in refractive index and birefringence as originally
designed. In particular, the PI derived from APSEDTT and 3SDEA showed a high refractive index (1.7586), and a low birefringence (0.0087) because of their very high sulfur content
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.