A Context Aware Cooperative Communication Method in Wireless Sensor Networks
- A Context Aware Cooperative Communication Method in Wireless Sensor Networks
- 김현덕; 김철기; 김재헌; 서민아; 이석; 이택진
- WSN; CoopLEACH; LEACH; Clustering; MIMO; Cooperative communication
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
- VOL 2015, 1-7
- severe energy consumption by the cluster heads. Furthermore, in the case where an unbalanced cluster structure is generated, the overall lifetime of the sensor networks is significantly reduced. Moreover, existing cooperative communication methods, for example, CoopLEACH, waste energy because of the unilateral cooperative communication method, which does not consider the distance between the sink and cluster heads. To solve these problems, this paper proposes a novel method that transmits and collects data according to the density of the nodes and the distance between the sink and cluster heads. Through extensive performance studies, we observed that our method is 12% more energy-efficient than CoopLEACH.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.