Decolorization of Acid Orange 7 by an electric field-assisted modified orifice plate hydrodynamic cavitation system: Optimization of operational parameters
- Decolorization of Acid Orange 7 by an electric field-assisted modified orifice plate hydrodynamic cavitation system: Optimization of operational parameters
- 정경원; 박대선; 황민진; 안규홍
- Decolorization; Acid Orange 7; Azo dye; hydrodynamic cavitation; Electrochemical; Response surface methdology
- Issue Date
- Ultrasonics sonochemistry
- VOL 26, 22-29
- In this study, the decolorization of Acid Orange 7 (AO-7) with intensified performance was obtained using hydrodynamic cavitation (HC) combined with an electric field (graphite electrodes). As a preliminary step, various HC systems were compared in terms of decolorization, and, among them, the electric field-assisted modified orifice plate HC (EFM-HC) system exhibited perfect decolorization performance within 40 min of reaction time. Interestingly, when H2O2 was injected into the EFM-HC system as an additional oxidant, the reactor performance gradually decreased as the dosing ratio increased; thus, the remaining experiments were performed without H2O2. Subsequently, an optimization process was conducted using response surface methodology with a Box–Behnken design. The inlet pressure, initial pH, applied voltage, and reaction time were chosen as operational key factors, while decolorization was selected as the response variable. The overall performance revealed that the selected parameters were either slightly interdependent, or had significant interactive effects on the decolorization. In the verification test, complete decolorization was observed under statistically optimized conditions. This study suggests that EFM-HC is a useful method for pretreatment of dye wastewater with positive economic and commercial benefits.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.