Combining fluidized metal-impregnated granular activated carbon in three-dimensional electrocoagulation system: Feasibility and optimization test of color and COD removal from real cotton textile wastewater
- Combining fluidized metal-impregnated granular activated carbon in three-dimensional electrocoagulation system: Feasibility and optimization test of color and COD removal from real cotton textile wastewater
- 정경원; 황민진; 박대선; 안규홍
- Electrocoagulation; Textile wastewater; Metal impregnation; Granular activated carbon; Fluidized three-dimensional; Response surface methodology
- Issue Date
- Separation and purification technology
- VOL 146, 154-167
- The present study focused on the treatment of real cotton textile wastewater by combining metal (Al/Fe)-impregnated granular activated carbon (MIGAC) as moving particle electrodes in electrocoagulation, referred to here as the MIGAC-TEC system. The feasibility test clearly indicated that MIGAC significantly accelerated the decolorization and COD removal efficiency. The effects of four parameters: applied voltage, initial pH, MIGAC dosage, and reaction time on the percentage of color and COD removal were investigated using response surface methodology with a central composite design. As results, it was found that the decolorization (R2 = 0.9576) and COD removal (R2 = 0.9395) were well fitted by a developed quadratic polynomial models and the initial pH was the most influential factor. Through numerical optimization, highly acceptable removal performances of 99.13 ± 0.21% decolorization and 97.01 ± 0.18% COD removal efficiency were achieved under statistically optimized conditions, and suggested that the developed system is a very suitable technique for the enhancement of electrocoagulation-based cotton textile wastewater treatment.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.