Effect of oleylamine concentration on the structure and oxygen reduction activity of carbon-supported surface-Pt-enriched Pt3Au electrocatalysts
- Effect of oleylamine concentration on the structure and oxygen reduction activity of carbon-supported surface-Pt-enriched Pt3Au electrocatalysts
- 이국승; 박희영; 정영훈; 유성종; 남석우; 안도천; 성낙원; 장종현
- Pt3Au nanoparticle electrocatalyst; Surfactant concentration; Oxygen reduction reaction; Bulk CO oxidation; OH adsorption
- Issue Date
- Journal of power sources
- VOL 290, 130-135
- For carbon-supported Pt-enriched Pt3Au nanoparticles (Pt3Au/C), the effect of oleylamine (OA) concentration during nanoparticle synthesis is investigated. When the OA concentration is increased from 0.12 mM to 1.2 mM, the particle size of Pt3Au gradually decreased from 5.1 nm to 3.3 nm, whereas the crystal structure and surface Pt concentration are not significantly influenced. With higher OA concentration, the oxygen reduction reaction activity of the Pt3Au/C is largely enhanced, which can be explained by the combined effect of increased specific activity and electrochemical surface area of Pt. It is experimentally confirmed using a bulk CO-oxidation technique that smaller particle size (larger OA concentration) leads to decreased OH adsorption strength, which originates from the double layer overlapping effect of closely adjacent nanoparticles.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.