Enhanced piezoelectric properties of vertically aligned singlecrystalline NKN nano-rod arrays
- Enhanced piezoelectric properties of vertically aligned singlecrystalline NKN nano-rod arrays
- 강민규; 오승민; 정우석; 문희규; 백승협; 남산; 윤석진; 강종윤
- Organic?inorganic nanostructures; Synthesis and processing
- Issue Date
- Scientific Reports
- VOL 5, 10151
- Piezoelectric materials capable of converting between mechanical and electrical energy have a great range of potential applications in micro- and nano-scale smart devices; however, their performance tends to be greatly degraded when reduced to a thin film due to the large clamping force by the substrate and surrounding materials. Herein, we report an effective method for synthesizing isolatedpiezoelectric nano-materials as means to relax the clamping force and recover original piezoelectric properties of the materials. Using this, environmentally friendly single-crystalline NaxK1-xNbO3 (NKN) piezoelectric nano-rod arrays were successfully synthesized by conventional pulsed-laser deposition and demonstrated to have a remarkably enhanced piezoelectric performance. The shape of the nanostructure was also found to be easily manipulated by varying the energy conditions of the physical vapor. We anticipate that this work will provide a way to produce piezoelectric micro- and nanodevices suitable for practical application, and in doing so, open a new path for the development of complex metal-oxide nano-structures.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.