An Efficient Finite-Difference Time-Domain Algorithm to Simulate the Absorbed Energy of Nonflat Layers or Particles of Thin-Film Solar Cells
- An Efficient Finite-Difference Time-Domain Algorithm to Simulate the Absorbed Energy of Nonflat Layers or Particles of Thin-Film Solar Cells
- 변석용; 변석주; 신동우; 이택성
- absorbance; FDTD; nonflat layer; nanometer particles; thin-film solar cell
- Issue Date
- IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics
- VOL 5, NO 4, 1212-1216
- We propose an efficient and accurate finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) algorithm to simulate the absorbance of a thin-film solar cell containing nanometer particles or nonflat layers.
This algorithm can extract a closed boundary for an arbitrarily shaped object, with the solar cell model being discretized into a set ofYee’s cells to construct the FDTD system.Using this information, we can distinguish the closed boundaries of the components (e.g., particles or layers) of the solar cell and accurately calculate the absorbance of each particle or layer. Moreover, using the closed line (in 3-D, surface) integration instead of the area (in 3-D, volume) integration enables faster calculation and requires less memory.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.