Synthesis of (2-amino)ethyl derivatives of quercetin 3-O-methyl ether and their antioxidant and neuroprotective effects
- Synthesis of (2-amino)ethyl derivatives of quercetin 3-O-methyl ether and their antioxidant and neuroprotective effects
- Young Hun Lee; 김형자; Ho Yoo; Seo Yun Jung; Bong Jin Kwon; Nam-Jung Kim; 진창배; Yong Sup Lee
- Quercetin 3-O-methyl ether; Aminoethyl; Antioxidant; Neuroprotection; MCAO model
- Issue Date
- Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry
- VOL 23, NO 15, 4970-4979
- Reactive oxygen species have been implicated in several diseases, particularly in ischemia-reperfusion injury. Quercetin 3-O-methyl ether has been reported to show potent antioxidant and neuroprotective activity against neuronal damage induced by reactive oxygen species. Several aminoethyl-substituted derivatives of quercetin 3-O-methyl ether have been synthesized to increase water solubility while retaining antioxidant and neuroprotective activity. Among such derivatives, compound 3a shows potent and well-balanced antioxidant activity in three types of cell-free assay systems and has in vivo neuroprotective effects on transient focal ischemic injury induced by the occlusion of the middle cerebral artery in rats.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.