Gate-Controlled Spin-Orbit Coupling in InAs/InGaAs Quantum Well Structures
- Gate-Controlled Spin-Orbit Coupling in InAs/InGaAs Quantum Well Structures
- 김경호; 박윤호; 구현철; 장준연; 김영근; 김형준
- Rashba effect; spin-orbit coupling; quantum well; spin-field effect transistor
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 14, NO 7, 5212-5215
- We have investigated gate electric field controlled Rashba spin-orbit coupling (SOC) constant (α) in In0.53Ga0.47As and InAs-inserted quantum well (QW) structures. More than three times larger gate controllability of α in the InAs-inserted QW has been observed compared to the In0.53Ga0.47As QW. The enhanced gate controllability of α directly results from the larger zero-field SOC in narrow band gap InAs QW. Furthermore, the lower contact resistance and higher electron mobility imply that the InAs QW is a more promising channel for spintronic device applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.