Highly thermally stable Pd/Zn/Ag ohmic contact to Ga-face p-type GaN
- Highly thermally stable Pd/Zn/Ag ohmic contact to Ga-face p-type GaN
- 김대현; 임원철; 박재성; 성태연
- Metals and alloys; Electrode materials; Surfaces and interfaces; Light absorption and reflection; Optical properties
- Issue Date
- Journal of alloys and compounds
- VOL 588, 327-331
- Pd/Zn/Ag ohmic contacts to Ga-face p-type GaN were investigated as a function of annealing temperature. The Pd/Zn/Ag ohmic contacts exhibited a reflectance of 85% at 450 nm, which is higher than that of Ag-only contacts (57%) after annealing at 500 °C. The alleviated agglomeration of the Pd/Zn/Ag ohmic contact due to the formation of ZnO at the surface seems to be responsible for the higher reflectance. The specific contact resistances of Ag-only and Pd/Zn/Ag contacts annealed at 500 °C were 2.4 × 10−4 and 6.1 × 10−5 Ω ㎠, respectively. GaN-based light-emitting diodes (LEDs) fabricated with the Pd/Zn/Ag contacts exhibited ∼20% higher output power at 20 mA than the LEDs fabricated with the Ag-only contacts annealed at 500 °C. On the basis of X-ray photoemission spectroscopy and SEM results, the improved electrical and thermal properties are described.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.