Performance of a 5 L Liquid Hydrogen Storage Vessel
- Performance of a 5 L Liquid Hydrogen Storage Vessel
- 강상우; 나다니엘 가르소; 임창무; 벡종훈; 김서영; 오인환
- Liquid Hydrogen(액체수소); Cryogenic Storage Vessel(극저온 저장용기); Insulation(단열); Boil-off
- Issue Date
- Transactions of the Korean Hydrogen and New energy society (한국수소및신에너지학회논문집)
- VOL 26, NO 3, 234-240
- In the face of the world’s growing energy storage needs, liquid hydrogen offers a high energy density solution for the storage and transport of energy throughout society. A 5 L liquid hydrogen storage tank has been designed, fabricated and tested to investigate boil-off rate of liquid hydrogen. As the insulation plays a key role on the cryogenic vessels, various insulation methods have been employed. To reduce heat conduction loss, the epoxy resin-based insulation supports G-10 were used. To minimize radiation heat loss, vapor cooled radiation shield, multi-layer insulation, and high vacuum were adopted. Mass flow meter was used to measure boil-off rate of the 5 L cryogenic vessel. A series of performance tests were done for liquid nitrogen and liquid hydrogen to compare with design parameters, resulting in the boil-off rate of 1.7%/day for liquid nitrogen and 16.8%/day for liquid hydrogen at maximum.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.