Phase-Engineered Synthesis of Centimeter-Scale 1T′- and 2H-Molybdenum Ditelluride Thin Films
- Phase-Engineered Synthesis of Centimeter-Scale 1T′- and 2H-Molybdenum Ditelluride Thin Films
- Jin Cheol Park; Seok Joon Yun; Hyun Kim; Ji-Hoon Park; Sang Hoon Chae; Sung-Jin An; Jeong-Gyun Kim; 김수민; Ki Kang Kim; Young Hee Lee
- molybdenum ditelluride; phase transition; phase engineering; chemical vapor deposition; tellurization
- Issue Date
- ACS Nano
- VOL 9, NO 6, 6548-6554
- We report the synthesis of centimeter-scale, uniform 1T0- and 2H-MoTe2 thin films via the tellurization of Mo thin films. 1T0-MoTe2 was initially grown and converted gradually to 2H-MoTe2 over a prolonged growth time under a Te atmosphere. Maintaining excessive Te was essential for obtaining the stable stoichiometric 2H-MoTe2 phase. Further annealing under a lower partial pressure of Te at the same temperature, followed by a rapid quenching, led to the reverse phase transition from 2H-MoTe2 to 1T0-MoTe2. The orientation of the 2H-MoTe2 film was determined by the tellurization rate. Slow tellurization was the key for obtaining a highly oriented 2H-MoTe2 film over the entire area, while fast tellurization led to a 2H-MoTe2 film with a randomly oriented c-axis.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.