Production of aromatic compounds from oil palm empty fruit bunchesby hydro- and solvothermolysis
- Production of aromatic compounds from oil palm empty fruit bunchesby hydro- and solvothermolysis
- 이홍식; 이현주; 하정명; 김재훈; 서동진
- Bio-crude oil; Hydrothermolysis; Solvothermolysis; Palm empty fruit bunch; Supercritical
- Issue Date
- Industrial crops and products
- VOL 76, 104-111
- The production of bio-crude oil (BCO) from oil palm empty fruit bunches (EFB) by hydro- and solvother-molysis methods was investigated. The effects of the reaction temperature, reaction time, the solventand inorganic matter were studied using a batch reactor. The yield of BCO, the molecular weight of BCO,and the yield of aromatic compounds contained in the BCO were measured. The molecular weight of BCOdecreased as the reaction temperature increased; however, the yield of BCO and aromatic compoundsdecreased at a high temperature and with a long reaction time. The maximum yield of the total BCO wasobtained when the ratio of water and ethanol was 50:50, while the yield of most monomeric compoundswas highest when the ratio of water and ethanol was 25:75. The inorganic matter in the raw EFB increasedthe yield of BCO and monomeric compounds compared to that with washed EFB
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.