Enhancement of On-Resistance Characteristics Using Charge Balance Analysis Modulation in a Trench Filling Super Junction MOSFET
- Enhancement of On-Resistance Characteristics Using Charge Balance Analysis Modulation in a Trench Filling Super Junction MOSFET
- Jongmin Geum; Eun Sik Jung; 김용태; Ey Goo Kang; Man Young Sung
- Super junction MOSFET; Trench filling; Trench angle; Charge balance
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
- VOL 9, NO 3, 843-847
- In Super Junction (SJ) MOSFETs, charge balance is the most important issue of the SJ fabrication process. In order to achieve the best electrical characteristics, such as breakdown voltage
and on-resistance, the N-type and P-type drift regions must be fully depleted when the drain bias approaches the breakdown voltage, which is known as the charge balance condition. In conventional charge balance analysis, based on multi-epi process SJ MOSFETs, analytical model has only N, P pillar width and doping concentration parameter. But applying a conventional charge balance principle to trench filling process, easier than Multi-epi process, is impossible due to the missing of the trench angle parameter. To achieve much more superior characteristics of on-resistance in trench filling SJ MOFET, the appropriate trench angle is necessary. So in this paper, modulated charge balance analysis is proposed, in which a trench angle parameter is added. The proposed method is validated using the TCAD simulation tool.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.