Transformation of the Diatom Phaeodactylum tricornutum with its Endogenous (E)-4-Hydroxy-3-methylbut-2-enyl Diphosphate Reductase Gene
- Transformation of the Diatom Phaeodactylum tricornutum with its Endogenous (E)-4-Hydroxy-3-methylbut-2-enyl Diphosphate Reductase Gene
- 신복규; 정유진; 김상민; 판철호
- bombardment; HMEDR; Phaeodactylum tricornutum; transformation
- Issue Date
- Journal of Applied Biological Chemistry
- VOL 58, NO 3, 273-279
- Phaeodactylum tricornutum is a model diatom that its genomic information and biological tools are well established. In this study, a gene encoding (E)-4-hydroxy-3-methylbut-2-enyl diphosphate reductase (PtHDR), a terminal enzyme of the methylerythritol phosphate pathway regulating chlorophyll and carotenoid biosynthesis, was isolated from P. tricornutum. The isolated gene was cloned into pPha-T1 vector containing fcpA promoter to prepare pPha-T1-HDR plasmid. As a positive control, pPha-T1-eGFP plasmid was constructed with egfp gene. Stable nuclear transformation was carried out with these plasmids by particle bombardment method and zeocin resistant colonies of P. tricornutum were selected on f/2 agar plate. In result, transformation
efficiency was evaluated according to the amount of plasmid DNA coated with gold particles. Integration of introduced plasmids was confirmed with genomic DNA of each transformant by polymerase chain reaction. The eGFP fluorescence was visible in the cytoplasm, indicating that eGFP was successively expressed in P. tricornutum system. The transcript level of exogenous Pthdr gene was evaluated with the obtained transformants. The results presented here demonstrated that introduction of Pthdr gene into P. tricornutum chromosome succeeded and expression of PtHDR was enhanced under the fcpA promoter.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.