Photo-oxidation activities on Pd-doped TiO2 nanoparticles: critical PdO formation effect
- Photo-oxidation activities on Pd-doped TiO2 nanoparticles: critical PdO formation effect
- 이한길; 신민정; 이명진; 황윤정
- PdTiO2 nanoparticles; Photocatalytic oxidation; Raman Spectroscopy; HRPES; PdO.
- Issue Date
- Applied catalysis B, Environmental
- VOL 165, 20-26
- The catalytic activities of three distinct Pd-doped TiO2(PdTiO2) nanoparticle samples, post-annealed (at700, 800, and 900◦C) after fabrication on silicon substrates, were analyzed with respect to the photo-oxidation of aniline and 2-thiophenecarboxaldehyde. Through a combination of Raman spectroscopy andhigh-resolution photoemission spectroscopy (HRPES), we demonstrated that the photocatalytic oxida-tion occurred only when the PdTiO2nanoparticles were annealed at temperatures above 800◦C, that is,when PdO and Ti3+had partially formed on the PdTiO2nanoparticles, which indicates that the presenceof PdO and Ti3+is critical for the photocatalytic oxidation. Additionally, we determined the decrease inthe band gaps to visible region with PdTiO2nanoparticles annealed above 800◦C from their valence-bandspectra, which resulted in photocatalytic activities even under visible light, λ= 540 nm.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.