Utilization of both-side metal decoration in close-packed SnO 2 nanodome arrays for ultrasensitive gas sensing
- Utilization of both-side metal decoration in close-packed SnO 2 nanodome arrays for ultrasensitive gas sensing
- 심영석; 김도홍; 정후영; 김연후; 남승훈; 강종윤; 김진상; 이우영; 장호원
- Nanodome arrays; Metal decoration; Soft-templating; templatingGas sensor; Ultrasensitive
- Issue Date
- Sensors and actuators. B, Chemical
- VOL 213, 314-321
- tMetal decoration on hollow metal oxide nanostructures is an attractive route to enhance gas sensingproperties. Herein, we present a facile method for the utilization of metal decoration on both the inner andouter surfaces of hollow metal oxide nanostructure for the first time. Close-packed SnO2nanodome arraysdecorated with Au nanoparticles are fabricated by soft-template method and self-agglomeration of an Aufilm. The position of Au decoration for SnO2nanodome arrays is controlled by changing the depositionsequence of Au and SnO2films. While inside, outside, and both-side Au-decorated SnO2nanodome arraysshow much higher responses to various gases than a bare SnO2nanodome, it is shown that the responseof both-side Au-decorated SnO2nanodome arrays to C2H5OH at 300◦C is 18 times higher than that ofthe bare SnO2nanodome arrays and the theoretical detection limit is below 1 ppb. These are attributedto the catalytic effect of Au nanoparticles on the modulation of barrier potentials in links between theindividual SnO2nanodomes. Our results demonstrate that the utilization of both-side metal decorationis an effective strategy for enhancing the gas sensing performance of hollow metal oxide nanostructures.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.