Magnesium hydroxide nanoplate/graphene oxide composites as efficient adsorbents for organic dyes
- Magnesium hydroxide nanoplate/graphene oxide composites as efficient adsorbents for organic dyes
- 이주란; 배지영; 장우리; 이중희; 최원산; 구혜영
- graphene; magnesium hydroxide; organic dye adsorption; environmental remediation
- Issue Date
- RSC advances
- VOL 5, 83668-83673
- Nanocomposites comprised of magnesium hydroxide (Mg(OH)2) and graphene oxide (GO) were prepared by the controlled precipitation of a magnesium salt on the GO surface. The population of Mg(OH)2 nanocrystals on the GO surface could be varied by varying the Mg(OH)2 precursor amount; the surface area of the resulting Mg(OH)2/GO nanocomposites varied from 75.2 m2 g 1 to 465 m2 g 1. The Mg(OH)2/GO nanocomposite with a surface area of 465 m2 g 1 showed the best performance. Owing to the synergistic effect of the nanoplate structure of Mg(OH)2 and the 2D structure of GO, the obtained Mg(OH)2/GO nanocomposites exhibited high performance in methylene blue adsorption (adsorption capacity: 779.4 mg g 1).
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.