Catalytic Activity and Thermal Stability of Arc Plasma Deposited Pt Nano-Particles on CeO2-Al2O3
- Catalytic Activity and Thermal Stability of Arc Plasma Deposited Pt Nano-Particles on CeO2-Al2O3
- 정영은; 아닐쿠마; 최희락; 이관영; 하헌필
- Pt nano particle; Ceria; QCC; XANES; TEM; APD
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 15, NO 11, 8494-8501
- In this study, catalytic activity and thermal stability of the arc plasma deposited (APD) Pt nano-particles on Al2O3 and CeO2–Al2O3 were compared with that of the conventionally prepared Pt/Al2O3. All the catalysts were characterized by BET-surface area, transmission electron microscopy, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, CO-pulse chemisorption, H2-temperarture programmed reduction and X-ray absorption near edge spectroscopy. Through the quantum chemical calculations of different metal oxide support, CeO2 was identified as a suitable anchoring material with high energy level between the Pt species (Pt0 and PtO x ) on ceria. Subsequently, the results of XPS and XANES revealed the presence of abundant Pt0 metal species in APD catalysts. The addition of ceria to Al2O3 support enhanced the dispersion of Pt nano-particles. The H2-TPR of Pt/CeO2–Al2O3 (APD) catalyst showed high-temperature reduction peaks corresponding to the interaction of Pt with ceria on alumina by Pt–O–Ce. Consequently, the Pt nano-particles deposited on CeO2–Al2O3 by APD attained strong thermal resistance at high temperatures. In addition, superior catalytic activities for CO and C3H6 oxidation and NO x reduction were obtained for the Pt/CeO2– Al2O3 (APD) catalyst.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.