Electronic structure and magnetic properties of Ni phases embedded in CeO2 thin films
- Electronic structure and magnetic properties of Ni phases embedded in CeO2 thin films
- Mayora Varshney; Aditya Sharma; 채근화; S. Gautam; H. J. Shin
- Thin films; XAS; magnetism; XRD
- Issue Date
- Applied Science Letters
- VOL 1, NO 1, 19-23
- We present a detailed study on the synthesization of Ni nanophases embedded in the CeO2 thin films by ion implantation and their characterization by element specific x-ray absorption spectroscopy technique. We implanted Ni in CeO2 thin films at different atomic percentage; 2%, 5% and 7%. XRD and Ni L3,2 – edge spectra confirmed the formation of, mixed, Ni metallic and oxide phases in the implanted CeO2 thin films. To analyze the effect of Ni implantation on the valence state of Ce ions, systematic, XANES spectra at Ce L – edge have been examined. We have not observed any significant changes in the Ce L – edge spectra with increasing the Ni concentrations, indicating that valance state of Ce is not affected by the Ni implantation. The room temperature hysteresis measurements demonstrate the competing nature of magnetic interactions between Ni metallic and Ni oxide nanophases.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.