Rapid oxidative degradation of methylene blue by various metal oxides doped with vanadium
- Rapid oxidative degradation of methylene blue by various metal oxides doped with vanadium
- Mojtaba Amini; Mahdi Ashrafi; Sanjeev Gautam; 채근화
- green oxidant; catalytic degradation; X-ray diffraction (XRD); XANES; EDX; SEM; TEM; Vdoped
- Issue Date
- RSC advances
- VOL 5, NO 47, 37469-37475
- Nanoparticles of ZrO2, CeO2 and TiO2 doped with vanadium were synthesized and the physicochemical properties of the compounds were characterized by X-ray diffraction (XRD), X-ray absorption near edge structure (XANES), energy dispersive X-ray analysis (EDX), scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and transmission electron microscopy (TEM). The catalytic degradation of methylene blue (MB), an organic dye, in the presence of these materials and hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) as a green oxidant was studied at room temperature. The effects of solution pH, catalyst composition and radical scavenging agents on the degree of degradation of MB were also studied. Finally, the recoverability and reusability of the V-doped ZrO2 catalyst were analysed.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.