Electronic structure and magnetic properties of Co doped TiO2 thin films using X-ray absorption spectroscopy
- Electronic structure and magnetic properties of Co doped TiO2 thin films using X-ray absorption spectroscopy
- Shalendra Kumar; J.S.Park; D.J.Kim; M.H.Lee; TaeKwonSong; SanjeevGautam; 채근화; S.S.Kim; M.-H.Kim
- Magneticproperties; Electronicmaterial; Thin film; PLD; NEXAFS
- Issue Date
- Ceramics international
- VOL 41, S370-S375
- The thin film of Ti0.93Co0.05O2-delta has been grown on LaAlO3 (100) substrate using pulsed laser deposition method. X-ray diffraction, near-edge X-ray absorption fine structure (NEXAFS) spectroscopy, X-ray magnetic circular dichroism (XMCD) and magnetic hysteresis loop measurements were used to fully understand the origin of ferromagnetism. Our structural analysis reveals a single phase nature of the film and excludes the presence of any secondary phase. NEXAFS spectra collected at Ti L-3,L-2, and Co L-3,L-2 -edge infer that Co and Ti ions are in 2+ and 4+ valence states, respectively. Multiplet calculation performed at Co L-3,L-2 -edge also support the experimental observations and shows that Co ions are in 2+ valence state in O-h (octahedral) symmetry. Zero field cooled and field cooled magnetization infer that T-C of Ti0.95Co0.05O2-delta film is above room temperature. DC magnetization hysteresis loop study and XMCD measurement at Co L-3,L-2 -edge reflect that Ti0.95Co0.05O2-delta film exhibits ferromagnetic ordering at room temperature
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.