Ketonization of hexanoic acid to diesel-blendable 6-undecanone on the stable zirconia aerogel catalyst
- Ketonization of hexanoic acid to diesel-blendable 6-undecanone on the stable zirconia aerogel catalyst
- 이윤수; 최재욱; 서동진; 하정명; 이창하
- Ketonization; Hexanoic acid; Zirconia; Aerogel
- Issue Date
- Applied catalysis A, General
- VOL 506, 288-293
- The ketonization of hexanoic acid, which can be prepared by the fermentation of sugars, was performedin an effort to obtain the diesel-blendable high-carbon-number ketone 6-undecanone in this study. Basedon observations of the leaching of highly active base catalysts, magnesium oxide and manganese oxide,the stable amphoteric solid catalyst zirconia was selected for the acid-rich reaction environment. A high-surface-area zirconia aerogel was prepared, which successfully ketonized hexanoic acid to 6-undecanonewith high conversion, 72.3%, and high selectivity, 92.6%. The further optimization of the porous structuresof zirconia led to possibly improved mass transfer with approximately 35 nm of pores, which improvedthe catalytic activity of zirconia.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.