Molecular-scale charge trap medium for organic non-volatile memory transistors
- Molecular-scale charge trap medium for organic non-volatile memory transistors
- 이상아; 김대윤; 정광운; 이상현; 배수강; 이동수; 김태욱; 왕건욱
- Triphenylene; Organic non-volatile memory transistor; small molecule; Charge trap layer
- Issue Date
- Organic electronics
- VOL 27, 18-23
- In this work, we introduce a molecular-scale charge trap medium for an organic non-volatile memory transistor(ONVMTs).We use twodifferent types of small molecules, 2,3,6,7,10,11-hexahydroxytriphenylene (HHTP) and 2,3,6,7,10,11-hexamethoxytriphenylene (HMTP), which have the same triphenylene cores with either hydroxyl or methoxy end groups. The thickness of the small molecule charge trap layer was sophisticatedly controlled using the thermal evaporation method. X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) and Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) analysis revealed that there were negligible differences in the chemical structures of both small molecules before and after thermal deposition process. TheONVMTs with a 1-nm-thickHHTPcharge trap layer showed a largehysteresiswindow, approximately 20V, under a double sweep of the gate bias between 40 V and 40 V. The HMTP-based structure showed a negligible memory window, which implied that the hydroxyl groups affected hysteresis. The number of trapped charges on the HHTP charge trap layer was measured to be 4.21 1012 cm 2. By varying the thickness of the molecularscale charge trap medium, it was determined that the most efficient charge trapping thickness of HHTP charge trap layer was approximately 5 nm.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.