Synthesis and Characterization of Poly(cyclohexylthioacrylate) (PCTA) with High Refractive Index and Low Birefringence for Optical Applications
- Synthesis and Characterization of Poly(cyclohexylthioacrylate) (PCTA) with High Refractive Index and Low Birefringence for Optical Applications
- 이지예; 여현욱; 고문주; 구본철; 손홍래; 김호중; 이재관; 유남호
- acrylate; polyacrylate; refractive index; sulfur-containing polymer; abbe number; thermal properties; birefringence
- Issue Date
- Macromolecular research
- VOL 23, NO 10, 960-964
- In this study, a new development in thermoplastics was examined: a poly(cyclohexylthioacrylate) containing a sulfur atom in a polymer chain with a high refractive index. The poly(cyclohexylthioacrylate) was synthesized by the free radical polymerization of cyclohexylthioacrylate. Transparent polymer films, fabricated by spin-coating from the polymer solution, exhibited a high refractive index of 1.55244 at 637 nm and low birefringence of 0.0001. The thermal decomposition temperature (Td) of the polymer was in the range of 355-363 oC, which indicates good thermal stability, while its glass transition temperature was 65 oC.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.