Effects of sidewall MOS channel on performance of AlGaN/GaN FinFET
- Effects of sidewall MOS channel on performance of AlGaN/GaN FinFET
- 손동혁; 주영우; V Sindhuri; 임기식; 서재화; 김용태; 강인만; Sorin Cristoloveanu; Mayline Bawedrin; 이정희
- Fin width; TMAH solution; FinFETs; 2DEG; AlGaN/GaN; trapping effect; narrow gate
- Issue Date
- Microelectronic engineering
- VOL 147, 155-158
- AlGaN/GaN FinFETs with various fin widths (Wfin), which have both a 2DEG channel and two sidewall MOS channels, have been fabricated by using electron-beam lithography and subsequent sidewall wetetch in tetramethyl ammonium hydroxide (TMAH) solution. The devices with wide Wfin of 150 nm showed normally-on operation with threshold voltage (Vth) of 2.5 and 5.0 V, respectively. The devices also exhibited broad transconductance (gm), and excellent off-state performance with very low subthreshold swing (SS). On the other hand, narrow device with Wfin of 50 nm exhibited normally-off operation with Vth of 3.0 V, but degraded SS due to trapping effect at the sidewall of fin.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.