1/f Noise Characteristics of AlGaN/GaN FinFETs with and without TMAH surface treatment
- 1/f Noise Characteristics of AlGaN/GaN FinFETs with and without TMAH surface treatment
- V Sindhuri; 손동혁; 이동기; Sung Hwan Sakong; 정윤하; 조인탁; 이종호; 김용태; Sorin Cristoloveanu; 배용호; 임기식; 이정희
- 1/f noise; TMAH treatment; FinFETs; AlGaN/GaN Fin; leakage current; plasma damage
- Issue Date
- Microelectronic engineering
- VOL 147, 134-136
- In this paper, we have fabricated and investigated the AlGaN/GaN fin-shaped field-effect transistors (FinFETs) with and without TMAH surface treatment. DC and noise characteristics of the FinFETs were compared to evaluate the interface quality between Al2O3 layer and the side-wall GaN surface. The tetramethyl ammonium hydroxide (TMAH)-treated device with a fin width of 70 nm and gate length, Lg = 5 lm exhibited excellent device performances, such as drain current of 0.16 mA and transconductance (gm) of 0.11 ms, both 30% improved, and extremely small gate leakage current of about 10 9 A at Vgs = 5 V which is approximately two orders lower in magnitude compared to that of the device without TMAH treatment. Improved low-frequency noise performances were obtained for TMAH treated device due to the enhanced side-wall quality after the TMAH surface treatment. The trap density was found to be reduced approximately one order after TMAH treatment. Thus, simple surface treatment not only smoothens the sidewall surface but also eliminates the plasma damage caused during the fin etching, which leads to the reduction of trap density in AlGaN/GaN FinFETs.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.