Novel electrostatic precipitator using unipolar soft X-ray charger for removing fine particles: Application to a dry de-NOX process
- Novel electrostatic precipitator using unipolar soft X-ray charger for removing fine particles: Application to a dry de-NOX process
- 최정안; 김학준; 김용진; 김상수; 정재희
- Electrostatic precipitator; Exhaust gas; de-NOx; Ammonium nitrate; Ozone; Photoelectric charging
- Issue Date
- Journal of hazardous materials
- VOL 303, 48-54
- The novel electrostatic precipitator (ESP), consisting of a soft X-ray charger and a collection part, wasdemonstrated and applied to a dry de-NOXprocess to evaluate its performance in by-product particleremoval. NOXgas was oxidized by ozone (O3) and neutralized by ammonia (NH3) sequentially, and finallyconverted to an ammonium nitrate (NH4NO3) aerosol with ∼100-nm peak particle diameter. The unipolarsoft X-ray charger was introduced for charging the by-product particles in this dry de-NOXprocess. Forthe highest particle collection efficiency, the optimal operating conditions of the soft X-ray charger andcollection part were investigated by adjusting the applied voltage of each device. The results showedthat ∼99% of NOXwas removed when the O3/NOXratio was increased to 2 (i.e., the maximum productionconditions of the NH4NO3by-product particles by the gas-to-particle conversion process). The highestremoval efficiency of particle (∼90%) was observed with operating conditions of positive polarity andan applied voltage of ∼2–3 kV in the charger chamber. The unipolar soft X-ray charger has potentialfor particle removal systems in industrial settings because of its compact size, ease of operation, andnon-interruptive charging mechanism.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.